ABOUT THE PROJECT
Demeter transforms conventional agriculture systems into smart and highly efficient solutions. Demeter is an IoT based precision farming system that keeps various factors like temperature, soil, water etc. under check and gives a crystal-clear real-time observation. The project will revolutionize the farmer’s ability to conserve water and energy, reduce soil and chemical runoff, improve crop yields and reduce equipment maintenance and labor costs.
By making farming more connected and intelligent, precision agriculture helps reduce overall costs and improve the quality and quantity of products, the sustainability of agriculture and the experience for the consumer. The advantages of precision farming are far-reaching. Demeter provides the tools and strategies using cutting-edge technologies in an interconnected manner starting with the use of data to improve and optimize production. In addition to more efficient consumption of resources, other benefits include:
- cost savings due to minimized water waste
- reduced human efforts
- a unified view of soil characteristics, including moisture and nutrient contents
- smart notifications in case of abnormalities
- better long-term landscape health
The benefits of Demeter and its precision agriculture technology combine the following:
- Data Collection: smart agriculture sensors collect data that is valuable for tracking the state of a farmers’ business including metrics like resource use, equipment status, weather monitoring, soil moisture, and many more. This is crucial for the efficient growing and irrigation of crops and to catch minor issues before they become major problems.
- Efficient Production: Increasingly volatile weather conditions have put a strain on farms, and real-time monitoring and insights offered from smart farm technology are vital to producing informed decisions.
- Improved Production Quality: Analyzing data collected from smart farming sensors allows farmers to analyze the results and adjust their practices to improve the quality of their crops.
- Water Conservation: Predictive weather monitoring and soil moisture sensors take the guesswork out of irrigation and allow for water use only where and when it is necessary.
- Remote Monitoring: Smart Farming solutions include real-time monitoring and predictive systems that give farmers not just more time to address pressing needs on the farm. It also provides peace of mind as fields and the status of the farm can be monitored in real-time with a phone and an internet connection anywhere in the world.
- Reduce Environmental Footprint: Conserving water use, increasing crop production, and optimizing energy consumption all play a role in moving to a sustainable future and reducing the environmental footprint of your farm.